Friday, May 25, 2007

a long weekend ahead

After five months without a holiday, I am so looking forward to this weekend. It's not that I haven't taken a day off, far from it... but a holiday is always nice, no need to steal a day from that vacation time pool. So, as I sit here with the replay of Oprah in the background and watching the sun go down, I'm finally able to think about the trivial things like what time I'm going to sleep until tomorrow or what I might make for dinner tonight.

Speaking of dinner, I never really mentioned why or how my blog is the healthy foodie.... At some point a few years ago, I figured out that I love to cook. Shortly thereafter, I realized how much I also like to eat. So about a year ago, I started on this path to lose a few pounds. I wanted to be able to still enjoy the art of cooking and savory treats from time to time. For about three months, I kept everything pretty simple until I got to my happy weight. And now that I have stayed here and want to continue to stay here, I have adapted my cooking to healthier ways.

This weekend will be devoted to *me time* - something I think we all need to do more of. Since I can, I'm going to take that opportunity this weekend with some time spent on gardening, cooking and time outside. I love long weekends :)

So with that, here's to enjoying life ~cheers~

*k*

No comments: