Saturday, May 26, 2007

the things you never expect

You have had those days, when something happens that you would never expect? Well, one of those happened to me today. A little background, we lost mom about 10 months ago and my dad has been doing pretty well and even found himself a companion. So this morning, I received a rather short email from my sister, telling me to call my father. So I did. He told me that the visit that he and his girlfriend were planning to come up here and see me, is off. I asked him why and he was a little reluctant to let me know. After a little probing, he finally told me that they had an argument and he stormed out of her house. And after one argument, it's over.

At this point, I don't necessarily feel like a pro in the dating scene arena but let's face it - I'm going on 20-years as a single (un-married, yet sometimes attached) adult. So here I am, on a Saturday morning, giving dating advice to my father. Yep, never expected that.

Given that it is Saturday - you guessed it - it's PANCAKE day :) The featured pancakes for today are coco-mango pancakes. Make your basic pancake mix and add diced mangos and shredded coconut. Top with more mangos and more coconut. Yum!

*k*

No comments: