Thursday, July 5, 2007

recipe doctor

I was watching the food network yesterday and saw a great looking salad from my favorite - Paula Deen. I know what you're thinking, that there has to be a cup of mayo and a cup of cream and a cup of sugar in it.... nope. It's an Asian Chicken Salad Recipe and here's what I did to it:

First - on the salad part, I used tofu instead of chicken. I cut up some extra firm tofu into 1/2" pieces and roasted it in a dry cast iron pan until it was browned on all sides. Then I added it to the salad.

On the dressing part, I decided to make a wasabi ginger dressing - here it is:


Wasabi Ginger Dressing Recipe
1 tsp wasabi powder
1 tbsp water
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 tsp minced garlic

I think this would also be great in a pita - nice and crunchy :)

thank you Paula!

*k*

No comments: