Monday, July 9, 2007

restaurant crawl - part 3

yep, we were still going strong. You can read about previous adventures here and here. We walked out of Lua and and half stumbled over to Sushi House Uptown (not sure if they have a website, so this will have to do). Sushi House is one of my favorite restaurants in Hoboken, but since Rob lives downtown, we have never tried their new uptown location. Boy were we missing out! Now mind you, when we started out on this trek, Rob was trying to persuade me to go to Sushi House but I didn't want to go because I just wasn't feeling like sushi that night. Little did I know that he was going to get me there at some point.

So we ordered a Tropicana Roll (in honor of our upcoming trip to Atlantic City, which was on July 2-3) and shrimp tempura. For the wine, I ordered a Chilean Savignon Blanc but honestly I don't remember it much at all (sorry! by that point I was three sheets to the wind). The atmosphere was cool and casual and there was a live jazz band playing in the background. It was completely desolate, which I can only figure that it was 4th of July weekend and Hoboken in general was light on activity.

The food came with quick and friendly service, and tasted amazing (as usual!). I have never had a bad experience at Sushi House and that day was no exception. Check back for the last round of the Hoboken Restaurant Crawl!

Thank you Sushi House!

No comments: