Sunday, June 17, 2007

not just another coffee shop

When I woke up this morning, I realized today is a "Landmark" day. Not because I was going to do something special, but actually quite the opposite. It was going to be an ordinary Sunday morning and that means walking downtown for some joe. Nestled on the corner of Hudson St. and Newark St. in Hoboken NJ, this unassuming coffee house is a mere 100 yards away from the Starbucks, but offers so much more. Friendly baristas, fresh fruit, granola bars and for the occassional indulgance, fresh pastries. Their latte, comes with the "extra shot" so no need to ask. The menu offers espresso, americano, flavored coffees, iced drinks and even frozen hot chocolate (I'm not quite sure what that is yet, but one of these days I'm going to try it). And their service always comes with a smile and some brief conversation about the what's new with you, what's new in town or even the weather. There are a few seats inside and if it's a nice day, you might score a seat outside. It reminds me of a neighborhood establishment of old, and one that I hope will be there as long as I am and more.

*k*

No comments: