Friday, June 8, 2007

What are leftover leftovers called?

Everyone loves leftovers. Remember when you were a kid and your mom would make spaghetti and meatballs and the next day dinner was "left overs." The sauce always tasted better the next day. Or how about a meatloaf sandwich? That showed up in my lunch box on more than one occassion. At what point does leftovers of leftovers get old and what do you even call the leftover leftover.

I made the eggplant curry on Monday and had that for dinner, lunch on Tuesday, lunch on Wednesday, lunch on Friday and dinner on Friday. I think I made too much (you think?!?). But I can't bear to throw it away. It's a perfectly fine meal and I'm not in the business of spending the money to buy it, spending the time to make it and then throwing it away. But I'm so eggplant curried out, and I still have some left!

Woe is the curry.... I may not be a psychic but I'm predicting that it will be gone by the end of the weekend.

*k*

No comments: