Sunday, June 10, 2007

prelude to sopranos

When we were talking about what to do for dinner tonight and we went through the options, it seemed obvious. In honor of the Soprano's last episode, we thought it would be appropriate for a quintessential NJ Italian restaurant. We went to Leone's in Montclair. Normally at this point, I would point a link to the restaurant, but unfortunately there isn't one. So I'll post a photo soon. The decor was traditional, low budget and reminiscent of a pizza place (I guess that's a good thing, since it IS essentially a pizza place with a restaurant attached...).

When we arrived, we were seated immediately. Drinks and bread were promptly delivered to the table. I always try and find at least one special that I like when there are specials offered. It seems to me that they are always the freshest, especially if they change daily. We ordered a steamed stuffed artichoke from the special's menu. It was pretty tasty actually and came out very quickly.

Next up, the entree. I ordered angel hair pasta with broccoli rabe and portobella mushrooms in a light vodka sauce. Overall, I give it a "B." There were nice sized pieces of the vegetables, the pasta was cooked just right, and the sauce was tangy and light. However, I could have done with double the veggies, half the pasta and a third of the sauce. Others may disagree, but I only like a light coating of sauce on my pasta.


All in all, at the end of the meal I wasn't left wanting more. And I can say the same about the last episode of the Sopranos.....

*k*


No comments: