Friday, June 1, 2007

roots....

let's face it, nobody likes tearing up their roots and trying to make a new life somewhere else, even tomato plants. My container garden is going along quite nicely these days. The tomato plants have basically taken over every pot that I have, to the extent that they are popping up in pots that I didn't even plant them in! So after planting about 4 tomato plants, I have approximately 10 of them. After clearing out the jungle that has become my backyard, I was able to find a somewhat sunny, tomato friendly plot. Not 2 hours after I took up the roots and transplanted them into virgin soil (ok, let's face it - I'm in New Jersey, there is no virgin soil) they wilted as if I had planted them in the Sahara.

I've since been watering them like mad and they have made a small comeback, but my hopes are not high that I'll reap a significant crop from this batch.

*k*

No comments: