Saturday, August 25, 2007

friday night happy hour

Friday nights are made for happy hour, and that's why we went to The Office. No, not the office at work, The Office in Montclair. It's not the hippest place in town, but we just wanted a low-key bar to watch the Yankee game. They have a few flat screen tv's which are easily seen from the circular bar. The bar tenders are up beat, but a little negligent. I like a bar tender that sees an empty beer and offers your a new one. Not one that I have to flag down, each and every time. The Office is not a place I think of when I want to go get some food, but I have to admit, their thin crust Margherita pizza, topped with sliced tomato and basil, was pretty darn good!

So after a few beers, some pizza and a four hour rain delay in the Yankee game, we left. I guess that was a good thing, because they actually did end up playing that game and I hate watching my boys lose in public. I would probably go back there again, if not for the tv screens, the pizza.

*k*

No comments: