Saturday, August 11, 2007

a lesson in the use of utensils

This utensil is called a cheese slicer. It was originally invented in Norway because many of the cheeses eaten in the Scandinavian countries are hard cheeses that are eaten atop bread. To use this utensil, lay it along the top of a cheese wedge, with the handle pointing toward you. Firmly press the utensil into the cheese wedge and pull the utensil toward you. This will allow the slicing blade to cut through the cheese and create a nice thin piece of cheese that you can then put on a slice of bread.

Oh, you knew that already? You didn't think this was a pie slicer with a funny opening in the end? That's great!

Now feel free to have a laugh out loud belly laugh at my expense, because until the other day, I had no idea what this was used for.

The "healthyfoodie".... *pshaw* I may have just lost some of my credibility. But at least I'm honest :)

*k*

No comments: