Friday, August 17, 2007

jersey fresh

As I am sure you have figured out by now, I just love this time of year. Everything is so fresh and to me, there's almost nothing better than just picked fruits and vegetables (except maybe just-baked oatmeal cookies).

Someone at work gave me these tomatoes and they really aren't from New Jersey, they are from an upstate New York backyard tomato garden. The fresh basil is from my garden. The two combine into one delicious snack!

Vine Fresh Tomatoes and Basil Recipe (I'm not sure I can even qualify this as a recipe, but try and humor me)

1 just-picked vine ripened tomato (preferably from your own or your friend's backyard. A farmer's market would work too).
6 just-picked basil leaves
salt and pepper to taste

1. Slice the tomato into 1/4" thick slices

2. Lightly salt and pepper each slice

3. Place one basil leave on each slice

Eat immediately and enjoy

*k*

No comments: