Sunday, August 12, 2007

simply delicioso... simply

Ok, I'll admit in the first 3 minutes of Ingrid Hoffman's show on Food Network, I was not completely enamored. It felt a little contrived, over-written, maybe even slightly over-rehearsed. But a few minutes into the show and I was kind of hooked. She was making an orange glazed chicken, orange granita and a summery quinoa. It all looked so good! I have all the ingredients for the quinoa recipe and have been thinking about making something quinoa for quite some time now.

I'm interested in quinoa because I've read a lot about its health benefits and thought it would be a tasty alternative to couscous. It's an ancient grain native to South America and popular with the early Incan communities. It has lots of amino acids, helpful in the repair of damaged cells and touted for easing migraines and improving cardiovascular health.

I'll let you know how the dish comes out. :)

No comments: